Annual Conference Location Guidelines
Site Selection Requirements
The Conference Planning Committee has discussed site selection requirements for MACo’s annual conference and makes the following recommendations.
- One or more facilities
- Hotel/Motel facilities able to provide a minimum of 180 sleeping rooms
- Negotiable room rates
- Estimated meal costs
- Negotiable meeting room charges
- Availability of complementary suites
- Availability of vendor hospitality rooms
2. Accessibility to Airport
3. Convention Meals
- Breakfasts on site (maximum of 2 per day): 40 – 50 max seating
- Luncheons on site: 175 minimum seating
- Evening functions on or off site: 200 minimum seating
- Host county/counties may be asked to assist with transportation if a function is off site.
4. Headquarters Facility Must Include the Following:
- ADA compliant
- General Assembly space: Accommodate 150 – Classroom style
- Breakout rooms: 3 Rooms minimum – Classroom style – 40 – 50 people
- Exhibit/Coffee space – 50 plus exhibitors
All exhibitors must be in one facility and in the same facility as the coffee breaks.
- Parking: Adequate or provide alternate transportation
- Registration space and a storage room for MACo conference materials
- Microphones and audiovisual equipment available
- High speed internet access
- Fax and photocopier available
Site Selection Process
1. The location shall rotate among counties with eligible facilities. Eligibility is to be confirmed by a physical visit by the Association staff. The Conference Planning Committees shall make a recommendation to the Board of Directors at their June Board meeting, two (2) years prior to said conference.
2. Counties with new facilities that may be eligible and are interested should notify MACo staff.