You are hereLegislative / Lobbying / Lobbying


Lobbying Reporting Requirements for Counties

Posted Date: 
December 14, 2012

With the 2013 Legislative Session fast approaching, counties are reminded that while elected officials are exempt from the normal reporting requirements of lobbyists, they still may need to register with the Commissioner of Political Practices as a “Principal” if the county pays for lobbying activities conducted on the county’s behalf by hired or contract lobbyists or county employees.

Lobbying License

If you are being paid to support or oppose legislation in Montana, you must in most cases be licensed as a lobbyist by the state Commissioner of Political Practices.

Lobbying Tips

Read some important tips for lobbying at the Montana State Legislature.