The Montana Association of Counties (MACo) is seeking a Paralegal for its Defense Services. The primary focus of this position is to provide paralegal and litigation support to the attorneys in Defense Services. This position has extensive contacts with MACo members, outside counsel, court officials, claims adjusters, medical providers, and legal vendors.
Successful applicants should have five years of civil litigation experience. An individual who meets the definition of Paralegal as outlined below (Mont. Code Ann. 25-10-305) is preferred:
- An associate’s degree in paralegal studies from an accredited institution or a baccalaureate degree in paralegal studies from an accredited college or university; or
- A baccalaureate degree in any discipline from an accredited college or university and has completed not less than 18 semester credits of course work offered by a qualified paralegal studies program; or
- Certification by the national association of legal assistants or the national federation of paralegal associations; or
- A high school diploma or its equivalent, has performed not less than 4,800 hours of substantive legal work under the supervision of a licensed attorney documented by the certification of the attorney or attorneys under whom the work was done, and has completed at least 5 hours of approved continuing legal education in the area of legal ethics and professional responsibility; or
- Graduated from an accredited law school and has not been disbarred or suspended from the practice of law by any jurisdiction.
The starting annual salary is $45,800, with consideration of an increase following successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. MACo offers a generous benefit package including health insurance (including dental and vision), 401k retirement contribution, vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay.
Please access the full position description by clicking the link above.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Position will remain open until filled by a qualified applicant.
Applications received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2019, will be given preference for initial screening.
MACo is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable ADA accommodations will be made.