Published July 21, 2023
Next Steps for Accessing Second Payment
The second tranche payment from the Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Fund (LATCF) is now available for eligible revenue sharing counties. U.S. Treasury made first tranche payments available starting on September 29, 2022.
The LATCF was established by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and is a general revenue enhancement program that provides assistance to eligible Tribal governments, eligible revenue sharing counties, and eligible revenue sharing consolidated governments. Funds may be used for any governmental purpose except for a lobbying activity.
To receive the second tranche payment, eligible revenue sharing counties should take the following steps:
- Verify your government has an active SAM.gov registration by following the instructions below.
- Enter the Treasury Submission Portal by signing into ID.me. (The designated submitter entering the portal through ID.me for the second tranche submission will be the same individual registered with ID.me who completed the first tranche submission.) If your entity needs to change the designated submitter, please follow the instructions below.
- Complete the LATCF second tranche submission for your government by following the step-by-step submission guide here: LATCF Second Tranche Submission Portal Instructions.
- Confirm your second tranche submission has a status of “Submitted.”
Verifying SAM.gov Registration Status: All recipients are required to have an active System for Award Management (SAM.gov) registration to receive their second tranche payment. Treasury recommends verifying that your SAM.gov registration is still active as soon as possible to avoid delays in receiving payment.
To do so, follow the instructions on the Federal Service Desk here: How do I check the status of an entity registration or Unique Entity ID assignment in SAM.gov?
Recipients who need to renew their SAM.gov registration may also reference instructions here: How do I update an existing entity registration in SAM.gov?
Please note there is no fee to register or maintain your registration.
Updating the Designated Submitter
To update your designated submitter, the current authorized representative (the one listed on the first tranche submission) should email COVIDReliefITSupport@treasury.gov with the subject “Entity Name – Update to Designated Individuals.”
The email should include the role that needs to be updated along with the full name, title, email, and phone number of the new person designated. Newly designated submitters should ensure they have an active ID.me account to expedite the process of realigning the submission to their account.
If the current authorized representative is not available, please explain the circumstance in the email.
Treasury looks forward to working with you to ensure the continued success of the program.
- For more information about the LATCF program, including allocation amounts to eligible revenue sharing counties, please visit Treasury’s website at treasury.gov/LATCF.
- If you have questions about the Treasury Submission Portal or for technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have general questions about the Local Assistance and Tribal Consistency Fund, please email LATCF@treasury.gov or call 844-529-9527.