MACo Fiscal Officer Candidate:
Commissioner Jason Strouf, Custer County
I am currently a Commissioner for Custer County since January 1, 2015 and MACo Immediate Past President.
Summary of MACo Participation
- I have completed the MACo elected officials training parts 1 and 2;
- I was appointed to the Land Use committee (current Vice Chair) in 2015 – current;
- Appointed to the Finance/Tax committee 2018 – current;
- Elected by the NACo Board of Directors to serve on the NACo Audit Committee;
- Appointed to the NACo Board of Directors 2021 – current;
- Served as a Trustee on the PCT for MACo;
- I have attended every Annual and Midwinter MACo conference since taking office.
Summary of National, statewide, and/or community involvement:
- Volunteered as a coach for a variety of community youth sports associations;
- Served as Treasurer for Miles City Youth Baseball Association;
- Served as Treasurer for Miles City Youth Hockey Association;
- I have been a USA Hockey CEP instructor for coaching certification clinics;
- I was a player evaluator for state and regional USA Hockey camps;
- I currently participate in a variety of advisory boards for Custer County as a liaison; and
- Currently I am chair of the Custer County Board of Commissioners.
MACo has a long history and has evolved into an influential voice for Montana counties at the state and national levels. While serving on the MACo Executive Board for the last four years I have collaborated with the Executive Board members and MACo staff to make decisions to continue our influential voice.
This is our association and our individual voices are amplified by continuing to strengthen our association. With sound leadership and the hard work and commitment of the dedicated and extremely talented staff of MACo, I am confident that we can be a significant force moving forward.
As the Fiscal Officer and Past President of MACo I will provided experience to the Executive Board of MACo. With your support I look forward to the challenges associated with this responsibility.