Tenure as County Commissioner
I was appointed Commissioner in January of 2000 and elected June of 2000 (will be 22 years next January).
- Started attending MACo events immediately after my appointment
- Was elected MACo 2nd VP in 2006 and served as President during MACo’s 100th Anniversary (2008 & 2009)
- Was elected Fiscal Officer in 2012 and have been serving on the Executive Board ever since
National, Statewide, and/or Community Involvement
- Board of Directors – 2008 to present
- Economic Development & Workforce Steering Committee
- Elected to serve as NACo Audit Committee member for two three-years terms, including two years as Chairman
- Member of PERS – Public Employment Retirement 2013-2018, elected Vice-Chairman August 2014
- Member of SWIB – State Workforce Investment Board – 2005 to present
- Member of SERC – State Emergency Response Committee – 2011 to present
- Commission of Community Service – 2002-2004
- Dillon Volunteer Fire Department (DVFD) ~ 1987-2016 (29 years)
- DVFD Fire Chief ~ 2011-2016 (5 years)
- Dillon Jaycee Outstanding Young Man Award ~ 1998
- Headwaters RC&D ~ Board member and past chairman, current loan committee
- Lewis & Clark Marathon – Bozeman 2006 – Finished 26.2 miles in 4:24:04
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Education
- MACo HCT, Chairman, worked on HCT budget including the actuary projections
- Have been on MACo’s Executive Committee for the past 15 years, including the last 9 as Fiscal Officer
- Spent 1 year at MSU-Bozeman
- I have run Beaverhead Meats (my personal business) for the past 38 years.
- Still enrolled at U of HK (University of HARD KNOCKS)
Thoughts About MACo & Its Future
MACo is the glue that gives the counties their collective power. Involvement by commissioners is the strength of MACo. I have always believed that if you belong to any organization, “Get Involved.” I hope to continue on the MACo Leadership Team as your Fiscal Officer. As always, I appreciate your support.
Share How You Will Serve the Membership as MACo Fiscal Officer
To the very best of my ability, with the above experience.