Revised September 15, 2020
Application materials are now available for the third reimbursement cycle, closing September 25th. The process is similar to the first two application cycles wherein the reimbursement form includes FEMA and CAREs Act eligible expenses.
To increase efficiency and ensure payments are processed in a timely manner, please consider the following:
- Indicate the corresponding line number from the form on your supporting documentation; and
- Complete the summary tabs (or equivalent) in the reimbursement form for FEMA and CAREs Act expenses.
Public safety and public health, including detention and dispatch, payroll expenditures continue to be considered presumptively eligible for the March 12 –August 31 time period. Eligible payroll costs will be reimbursed for the period ending August 31 even if they were paid in September. However, all non-payroll related costs must be paid prior to September 1 in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
UPDATE: Benefits are allowed to be included in this round of CARES funding requests retroactive to March 12. A good number of counties have been tracking those expenses and the rest have been anticipating the change. For those with previous submittals, and for those of you submitting for the first time, you may now include benefits when you complete this cycle’s request for the time period of March 12-August 31.
Benefits eligible per State guidance include the employer share of the following:
- employee insurance (health, life, dental, vision);
- retirement (pensions, 401(k));
- unemployment benefit plans (federal and state);
- workers compensation insurance; and
- Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) taxes (which includes Social Security and Medicare taxes). (Most have already included this.)
Benefits NOT eligible per State guidance:
- all types of leave (vacation, family-related, sick, military, bereavement, sabbatical, jury duty)
- Entities that already submitted an application:
- If your entity requested reimbursement in the previous cycle, reimbursement for subsequent cycles can be completed under the same user account
- Entities might want to consider submitting reimbursement for:
- Eligible expenses not previously requested for the March 1 – June 30 time period
- Costs incurred from July 1 – August 31
- Entities that did not submit an application in the first two cycles:
- Presumptively eligible payroll costs for public safety and health employees (including detention and dispatch) may be submitted for the March 12 – August 31 time period
- All other eligible costs may be submitted for the March 1 – August 31 time period
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.