Published January 13, 2023
Position Title: Community & Economic Development Extension Agent
Salary or Pay Rate: $42,000 -$85,000 annually
Screening Date: February 10, 2023
Custer County is seeking to hire a Community & Economic Development Extension Agent. The primary duty for County Extension Faculty is to assess local community needs, then to develop, implement, and evaluate Extension programming to meet those needs. The main emphases of the Custer County position will be in the areas of community and economic development..
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement, and evaluate economic and community development programs, through a local, needs-driven process.
- Provide small business counseling to entrepreneurs for start-up, retention, relocation, and expansion.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with individuals, organizations, and local government entities to improve the economic vitality of Custer County and the city of Miles City.
- Work closely with formal and informal advisors to identify economic, community and educational needs for programming opportunities in Custer County.
- Partner with individuals, organizations, and local government entities external to Custer County to provide mutually beneficial programming.
- Develop funding for community and economic development projects through partnerships, grants, and other strategies.
- Partner with local, state, and national organizations and committees appropriate to the clientele of Custer County.
- Partner and collaborate with area Extension agents and specialists to conduct effective, integrated educational programming focusing on economic and community development activities.
- Utilize all available media sources and technologies to communicate with MSU Extension service staff and others, and to disseminate information to clientele.
- Assure compliance with civil rights and affirmative action policies.
- Comply with all Extension, federal, state, university, and county reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in economic development, community development, or other related fields.
- Demonstrated understanding of community and economic development principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups; assess needs; and plan, implement, facilitate, teach, and evaluate educational programs for youth and adult audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership for Extension programming for youth, adults, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals, groups, and community organizations representing a wide variety of youth and adult audiences.
- Master’s degree.
- At least one degree or relevant work experience in community development, community development or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate groups and help them find constructive solutions to locally identified issues.
- Extension Experience or demonstrated understanding of the Extension education model.
- Full Montana University System Benefits package
Visit https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/34077 to submit your resume and cover letter.
For questions on this position or on the application process, please contact Larry Brence, MSU Extension Eastern Region Department Head at (406) 874-8236 or e-mail email@example.com.