Published April 21, 2021
Position Title: Accounting Technician
Organization: Lewis & Clark County
Pay Rate: $18.56 – $19.65 / Hour
Employee Type: Regular, Full-time, Non-exempt
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Union Status: None
Closing Date: May 9, 2021
Position Description Summary
Under general supervision of the Assistant Director, this position performs account management and administrative support duties.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school plus two (2) years of bookkeeping experience or two (2) years of post-secondary study in bookkeeping, accounts management or office management. Governmental accounting/budgeting experience and Associates degree in accounting, office management or equivalent is preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs account management and administrative support duties including composing letters, memos and reports and maintaining files;
- Ensures that all fees and revenues are receipted and deposited in a timely and accurate manner;
- Reconciles deposits to general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers;
- Performs accounts payable functions;
- Assists the Assistant Director with preparation and monitoring of the budget, grant applicants, contracts, and reimbursement requests;\Performs research and provides financial and statistical information to management for specific projects;
- Coordinates solid waste programs accounts receivable by collecting and posting payments and adjustments
- Answers questions regarding solid waste programs;
- Communicates information about a wide variety of Public Works’ programs and policies to the public, vendors, and government agencies in a tactful, patient, and pleasant manner;
- Uses software systems for general ledger, revenue receipting, accounts payable, tax billing information and solid waste accounts;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Examples of Knowledge
- Montana Code Annotated and County regulations;
- Public Works department policies and procedures;
- Department programs and projects;
- Office processes and procedures;
- Generally accepted accounting principles and procedures;
- Records management and reporting requirements;
- Contract management.
Examples of Skills & Abilities
- Operate computer system and related software, including financial, word processing and spreadsheet programs;
- Use office equipment;
- Apply rules, regulations, and policies according to standards;
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Establish effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisor, and citizens.
Duties are generally performed in an office environment where hazards and discomforts are controlled and modifiable. This position requires the ability to stand, bend at the waist, kneel, reach over the head, talk, hear, and see. Must be able to move or lift documents and materials weighing up to 30 pounds. Position requires knowledge and use of typical office equipment including telephone, copiers, fax machines and personal computer. Position requires regular contact with employees and citizens.
Applications for this position are accepted online only through our career portal https://www.lccountymt.gov/hr/jobs.html. The following items are required along with the online application:
- Resume: Attach resume to online application in designated section.
- Cover Letter: Attach cover letter to resume section.
For questions on this position or on the application process, please contact Keni Grose: (406) 447-8316, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lewis & Clark County is an Equal Opportunity Employer