Published January 19, 2023
The Montana Land Information Act Grant Program is Now Accepting Applications for State Fiscal Year 2024
The Montana State Library is now accepting applications for the annual Montana Land Information Act (MLIA) Grant Program for the state fiscal year 2024. All applications submitted by 11:59p.m. on Tuesday, February 15, 2023 will be considered for funding.
The purpose of the MLIA Grant Program is to assist state agencies, local governments, or Indian tribal governments with geospatial projects that align with the priorities of the Land Information Plan. Applicants are required to read the FY2024 Land Information Plan before to starting the grant application process in order to understand the defined Land Information Priorities for the state of Montana: FY2024 Land Information Plan.
Collaboration is extremely important, and the granting process gives preference to interagency or intergovernmental grant requests whenever multiple state agencies, local governments or agencies, or Indian tribal governments or tribal entities have collaborated to meet a grant priority of the Land Information Plan. MLIA Grant Projects funded in the previous grant cycle include:
- Development of geospatial data to meet NG9-1-1 standards: Beaverhead, Butte-Silver Bow, Custer, Meagher, and Teton Counties.
- Collecting survey control in Stillwater and McCone Counties to improve the spatial accuracy of the MSDI Cadastral Framework.
- Increasing accessibility of public records by digitizing historic land records and linking the information to Missoula County’s Cadastral.
For MLIA program questions please email MLIAGrants@mt.gov.
New Grant Application Submittal Process:
- Registration is required: https://forms.office.com/g/uKwV2Um5p2.
- Application Information Package
- New processes uses Microsoft 365, including SharePoint.
- Applicants are highly encouraged to attend the free training (see below).
Eligible Grant Recipients:
- state agencies
- local governments/agencies
- Indian tribal governments or tribal entities
Grant Program Information:
- Guidelines, Materials, & Application Information: http://msl.mt.gov/MLIAGrants.
- Free Workshop – Grant Proposal Writing
- Friday, January 27 9a-12p
- Registration Required: https://forms.office.com/g/nzzQLLYnSY
For More Information About the Montana Land Information Act Grant Program: