Retiree Medicare Plan
The MACo Health Care Trust Group Medicare Advantage Plan includes:
- enhanced medical benefits with no medical deductible and simple copays,
- a large network of providers,
- prescription benefits with no “donut hole,”
- world-wide coverage for emergent care,
- wellness benefits and incentives (Health Actions),
- gym membership (SilverSneakers),
- preventive and comprehensive dental,
- vision exams and eye ware allowance,
- hearing exams,
- Blue 365 discount program,
- Over-the-counter (OTC) benefit program,
- hearing aid allowance and discounts (Tru Hearing).
When retirees enrolled in the traditional MACo Health Care Trust Plan become Medicare eligible, they will receive information in the mail about how to enroll in the MACo Health Care Trust Group Medicare Advantage Plan administered through Blue Cross Blue Shield. Although MACo Health Care Trust Medicare eligible retirees will not have the option to stay on, or return to, the traditional MACo Health Care Trust Plan, the MACo Health Care Trust is confident that our Medicare eligible retiree members will receive the outstanding benefits and have less out-of-pocket costs in the long run.
Medicare retirees must be eligible for Part A and enrolled in Part B to take advantage of the MACo Health Care Trust Group Medicare Advantage Plan.
If a Medicare retiree currently has coverage for their spouse who is less than 65 years of age, the spouse will be eligible to remain on the traditional MACo Health Care Trust plan until they reach 65 year of age. Once the spouse reaches 65 years of age they will be eligible to transition over to the MACo Health Care Trust Group Medicare Advantage Plan.
If you have eligibility questions regarding the MACo Health Care Trust Group Medicare Advantage Plan, please contact the MACo Health Care Trust Administration Office at 866-669-6428.
If you have benefit questions regarding the MACo Health Care Trust Group Medicare Advantage Plan, please contact Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Advantage Customer Service at 877-299-1008.