Below are some important resources for county officials lobbying during Montana’s Legislative Sessions and the Interim.

Lobbying Reporting Requirements for Counties

With the Legislative Session always fast approaching, counties are reminded that while elected officials are exempt from the normal reporting requirements of lobbyists, they still may need to register with the Commissioner of Political Practices (COPP) as a “Principal” if the county pays for lobbying activities conducted on the county’s behalf by hired or contract lobbyists or county employees.

Read More

Lobbying License

If you are being paid to support or oppose legislation in Montana, you must in most cases be licensed as a lobbyist by the state Commissioner of Political Practices.

Read More

Lobbying Tips

Here we provide you with some important tips for lobbying in Montana and/or lobbying for MACo issues.

Read More